Professional project (Internship)
Project role : Game and level design intern
July 2016 - December 2016
Ys Interactive is a french studio adaptating a famous comic book serie.
This internship was the opportunity to work on a narrative video game as a level and mission designer, my main tasks were:
- Mission design : worked closely with writers to translate story events into missions the player would play through. I was in charge of creating cohesive narrative puzzles and story events in missions.
- Level design: build greyblocks according to designed missions and worked closely with level artists.
- Game design: I was in charge of designing QTEs sequences. More over, I had to initialize a pipeline for the qte design. Which documents to write in which order, how to write them…
- Writing: as part as my mission design tasks, I had to write dialogues or some story events for the game.
Achievements during this internship :
- Worked actively on my first narrative video game in the video game industry
- Applied the four layers of narrative design from Frictional Games
- Helped to create narrative guidelines for level and mission design